Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Leaping into Fall

I really need to stop using "okay" to start my blogs. I have a better background than that, and while this blog isn't professional or trying to be, starting 75% of my posts with the word, 'okay,' is not.  It's almost the end of the month and it's finally starting to feel like autumn.  Since the Autumn equinox was on the 23rd of the this month, it's about time.  I like summer, but I think that's more along the lines of the fact that I used to be off.  I'm not anymore and this 110 degree weather at 6 pm is for the birds!  The last two days, it was around 60 degrees when I left the house, so I brought out my pediatrics jacket.  I like it, since I don't have another zip up jacket in brown and it's comfy jersey knit without being too heavy.  I've been trying to look for sweater dresses too and I'll have to do more shopping this weekend -- maybe check out Dillards, Sears, and Target before Ross and Marshalls.  I've looked at Penney's briefly and Kohls didn't have anything like last year, but it's been so abnormally humid that I don't think they wanted to put out long sleeves too soon.

I've been playing a new game on Facebook called Cupcake Corner, which is a lot like all the other cafĂ© games, except this one is little desserts and I love cupcakes, so I joined.  It's kind of cute, but I don't like that it runs all the time.  I like games that when I leave, I don't have to worry about things going bad or losing all my money.  I'm not all about the real-time.  I have enough real life. I don't want to have to devote more to the games on facebook.  Am I not on that soul-sucking website enough?  I'm still trying to work out and I've re-cast on that pair of socks from hell and I'm working on the stockinette stitches before starting the pattern back up.  For those of you who don't knit, that's the part where it looks like just rows and rows of the same stitch.  When you do straight knitting on two single sided needles, that's accomplished by one row of knit stitches and one row of purl stitches, which alternate to give you this pretty flat fabric of little 'v's.  On socks, and other "knitting in the round" projects, you knit every stitch on the circle, because you always knit across from the same side instead of turning your work back and forth.  Some knitters get really bored with stockinette stitch, because it's the same two stitches over and over, but really, all knitting is the same two stitches over and over, it only matters if you do them in a different order or if you twist stitches to make new patterns.

This week, I hope to bake a loaf of homemade bread -- yum yum -- perhaps bake some cupcakes as well.  I'm thinking about cheesecake cupcakes or dr. pepper cupcakes.  Both sound really promising.  I'm also almost ready to tally up all my workouts for the next month.  I've got to subtract the money for the Halloween polishes from China Glaze and I needed to buy a new needle, because Lislis destroyed one of my cables last weekend, so I ordered two balls of Pirate King from Knit Picks to make the shipping worth while.  That will either become socks for Aaron or my brother.  I think that's it for today.  If I think of anything else, I'll do edits later.

Totals since my last post:

September 23, 2010:  Nothing.  I was going to workout with Aaron, but did not feel well.

September 24, 2010: 8 flights of stairs (30 minutes)

September 25-26, 2010:  Nothing, I went home for the weekend.

September 27, 2010:  Nothing.  My out-of-town doctor and the nurse returned and I was swamped all day.

September 28, 2010:  8 flights of stairs (30 minutes).  I usually work out tonight, but Aaron won't be staying to workout cause he doesn't want to miss Glee so I won't get the chance. 
Complete total so far:  71.5 -- I think I'll need to reevaluate my minutes for next month and cut down on the amount for stairs. *nods*

That's it for now.  Okay bloggers -- what's your latest purchase and are you super happy about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment