Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chugging

. . . and not the beer kind.

I have been trying really hard to get into workout mode lately, but being alone most of the time makes it really hard.  Aaron works out at school with W and keeps saying that I could come too, but they mostly do weight training and I'm not into that sort of thing.  Plus, I don't want to interfere with their 'bro' time.  I've been doing my Carmen Electra dvds at home, but although fun, it can be quite boring without someone to share it with.  I know it's hard to talk while working out, but I want someone to collapse with after and smile and think -- yea, that was a great workout.  Not a cat that sniffs my face while I'm doing pushups. It's not so cute, and cat hair is really hard to dislodge from sweat-soaked skin.  I won't enumerate what I see in the mirror these days, since it's too depressing, I guess I just have to take it a little at a time and hope it all works out. (No pun intended).


September 11, 2010:  Sweated my butt off in 100 degree weather in an open-air stadium at Northwestern, which would count if I hadn't eaten Popeyes for supper and shared nachos at the game. [0 --boo!]

September 12, 2010:  Nada. Blah! [0 minutes]

September 13, 2010:  3 flights up, none down.  [5 minutes.]

September 14, 2010:  6 flights up, 8 down and 8 more up.  [45 minutes] [so far.  Workout night!]

September 15, 2010:  Didn't work out -- instead went to academy and school with Aaron, who needed to see if he had closed his lab. Today -- 8 flights up and down. [30 minutes.]


On the up side:  I finally found someone who had the China Glaze Awakening Halloween set on sale and ordered them immediately before they sold out.  Aaron says that counts toward my total for next month, but I have to argue, because I was lemming them and looking for them WAY before I started my work out regimen.  Maybe I'll take half the price from my total in compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment