Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Being Resolute

As much as I hate to admit it, I've put on a few pounds -- it's not like a ton, or even really like 20 pounds, but I am getting heavier and I need to get off my fat butt and work out again.  So, with the idea from flinty over at Polish or Perish,  I'm going to start an incentive program for my work outs.  For every 10 minutes that I work out, I get 1 dollar to use on nail polish or cupcake items.  She has hers set up that the longer she works out, the more expensive of a polish she can buy, but since I rarely have days that I can workout for 90 minutes or longer, I'll just use the dollar increments and they only last for the next month.  No roll over to get something really expensive, so I have to work out for it in that month.  At the end of the month, I'll tally all the times and that's how much I can spend in October.  And to keep my honest, I'll try to post all of the totals here.  We're at the beginning of September, and I know I've done some stairs in the past week, but since I can't remember exacts, they don't count.  Here's the total so far:

September 7, 2010:  30 minutes of intense cardio;  3 flights of stairs (that's 72 up and 72 down, which is 10 minutes, as agreed upon by Aaron.) [Totals: 40 minutes]

September 8, 2010:  Nothing yet today, but I'm going to take the stairs down this evening and back up to get my things for class, which should count as 192, plus the 60 steps back to 5th floor, which is not working out for 30 minutes, cause it only takes about 15 minutes total but as 72 steps is 10 minutes, 192 steps should be just over 30, but I will count it as 30. (Okay -- so I didn't make it up all 8 flights, but I made 6.) [20 minutes]



Wish me luck on keeping up with it, since my thighs are a little sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment