Friday, May 13, 2005

Summer has arrived. . .

So Summer has started and like you, I'm hard at work trying to find that elusive summer job. . .I don't really care what it is. . .just work. No experience is a major issue. . .

Anyway, I went see 3 Doors Down on Wednesday, and they totally kicked ass. There was a mystery band called "Top of the Orange" that performed a half hour set, and they were awesome! Click the link up top and check them out! SilverTide sucked. . .who's that guy think he is? Keith Richards? It's not cool to dress like an 80's rocker. . .his band consisted of a nerd, a Chilli Pepper's wannabe, and two Monkees. . . come on. . .in rock, it's 1/3 music, 1/3 looks, and 1/3 presence. . .and he was 3/3 horrible. Breaking Benjamin on the other hand. . .that's a great presence. . .I wasn't too big into them after listening to the cd, but their performance was hot. After that, the guys from TOTO came out and I got autographs from the lead singer, Jeff Beritiech, and lead guitarist, Brandyn Ulmer. . .they're really down to Earth fun guys.

Then 3 Doors Down took the stage. . .Oh my! What an awesome show! I sang along and bounced around and had a great time. The lead singer, Brad Arnold is from Mississippi, and he was on 106.7 before the show, and I never really thought about him having that Miss. accent, but the minute he started talking on the radio it came out STRONG. It wasn't too bad during the show, however. Here's the rest of the band: Matt Roberts (guitar), Chris Henderson (guitar), Todd Harrell (bass), and Greg Upchurch (drummer) all from Escatawpa, Mississippi. You can check them out at their website or any cd store. Their new album, Seventeen Days is awesome too.

Anyway, that's it from me for now! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment