Friday, February 24, 2012

Custom Wall Art Plaques

Hey there, Crafty Geeks!

I hope you liked my last tutorial - I have some more pictures for you this time of the wall plaques I've been working on.  Since I'm not working right now, while I do applications, I can spend more time getting crafty and keeping up my blog.

Yay for you, right?

Lately, I've been working quite a bit with my new Pazzle Inspiration cutter.  I got a great deal on it from the company, which is their normal deal, but it lets me have it now and not pay all $500 dollars! I paid $99 plus tax and shipping, and I pay $20 a month for access for to their craft room, which is super helpful because it gives you access to their cutting files for download.

Honestly, I am not a fan of their software, so I bought a version of Knk's Make the Cut software, which is so user friendly. I use the Pazzle software to export their files to import into my other software so I don't lose the cutting documents.  There are lots of tutorials on how to use the Inspiration software, but it's quite similar to using Adobe Illustrator when you've been used to Adobe Elements.

Okay, enough talking here's the art!



This one hangs in my hallway for my husband and I.  I love the background paper since it's a great use for more colorful papers without being completely overwhelming!
This one is for my parents.  I used the cattails since they were a prominent feature on a clock that used to hang in our living room. The background is a Thomas Kinkade vellum that I got on sale from Michaels forever ago and never had a way to use it.  I used a similar one for my husband's grandmother, but she hasn't seen it yet, so I'm not going to post it until later.

This plaque was done for my in-laws at their request for the beach house.  I really like how the crab and palm trees blend well with the sea shades and items on the background.  I'm really happy with the positioning too, since you can see little crabs in the circle for the P and the crab's claw. 

I've got these up in my Etsy store (weyrdkat) as well -- I really like doing them and custom names could be awesome as gifts.  They're only 8 dollars plus shipping, so they're a really good deal too.  I'll post some more as I finish them, since I have one for my parent's billiard room and one for my sister-in-law finish, and one for my brother-in-law and his wife in the works!

I hope this inspires you to get crafty too!

Ja' ne!

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment