Wednesday, November 03, 2010

It's That Time Again

If you know me at all, you know that November for me means 30 days of insanity.  November 1 through November 30 are what is not-so-commonly, but becoming more so, known as 
You see, the goal is to write 50,000 words in one month -- it boils down to 1,667 words per day.  You start at 12:01 am November first and you don't stop writing until you reach 50 THOUSAND words or 12:00 midnight on November 30.  I'm not going to lie -- it's a huge undertaking and I've never reached the finish line.  I've gone half-way, but I still have a long way to go.  So far this year, I'm doing good.  I'm using the same story as last year, BUT, I'm retyping and adding to all of it as I go.  As of today, the 3rd day of the month, I'm 1,111 words AHEAD of schedule.  That's more than 8 times more than I was ahead last year at this time.  But, I can't slack now.  I'm ahead in the count, so I have to keep it up so that I don't fall behind if I get busy -- or worse, WRITERS BLOCK!  I know, it's enough to make me want to crawl under the bed and hide with the cats.  You can keep up with my statistics here:

And I'm going to try to update my blog from last year with the new chapters and totals, so be sure to stay tuned HERE as well.

AND:  A brief description editted from the Nano Site:  NanoWriMo is a seat-of-your-pants approach to novelling. We begin writing Nov.1. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel by Nov. 30. Valuing enthusiasm over craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel writing program for everyone who has thought about writing a novel but has been scared away. Because of the limited writing window, the ONE thing that matters is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, & write on the fly.

I'm still working out, as well -- except for a week last month when I was pretty damn sick,  but I walked on the weekends (13.5K) to make up for it.  Here are my totals for last month:

October 12 - 30 minutes;  October 13 - 8 flights of stairs; October 16 - 5:; 1 hour; October 18 - 3 flights of stairs; October 23 - 3.5K: 45 min; October 30 - 5K: 1 hour
My total for the entire month was 32.50 toward my supplies.
My totals for November so far:  November 1 - 8 flights of stairs;  November 3 - 3 flights of stairs;


So, blog o'sphere -- how is your writing coming??

No comments:

Post a Comment