Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sock Woes

Okay, so the day I'm having hasn't been the greatest, but Mom was able to find me a ticket to Hope's play this weekend, and I'm going home so I'll get to see the family, which is awesome!  Hope will be in Bull in a China Shop at Le Petit Theater this weekend, and all the reviews so far have been great!  I'm really looking forward to a little bit of theater with my mommy.

However, my sad news is that the socks I've gotten a good section finished on will have to be frogged back to before the pattern work.  There's several reasons for this.  One -- I miscounted the number of rows I needed in the length, and subsequently forgot to accommodate the extra length of the foot in rows of plain stockinette stitching.  Two -- I misread the pattern when I transcribed it from cuff-down to toe-up and I've been doing a single cable twist over two stitches instead of a double over four stitches, which changes the look of the pattern.  Normally, I would just leave this and keep going anyway, but as these socks are supposed to be a test knit for someone else's pattern, I'll have to go back and fix the error.  At least I'm only about 22 rows into the pattern, which is where I was supposed to start the heel, but am not ready, so I'll just undo those rows, add the extra stockinette rows and start the pattern over.  It's not an outrageous amount of work, but I really hate frogging those little stitches.  Maybe I'll move my Addi Turbo needle to the front side while I work up the pattern and move it back for the heel.  I'll be sure to take a picture before the frogging and after, so I can post them both on here and you can see the difference.  The only thing really making me frown about this is I'll be pulling out the lime green stitches, which have been giving me no end of grief, and putting them right back -- yes, it's still cute, but the other sock is SO much cuter for not having a HUGE break in the color.  You'll see when I put the pictures up.


Workouts have been doing well though, and we're getting closer to the end of the month! Yay!

September 18-19, 2010:  I don't work out on the weekends, because I try not to do much and relax.

September 20, 2010:  8 flights of stairs (up and down, remember) (30 minutes)

September 21, 2010:  8 flights of stairs; 30 minutes of DVD workout.  (60 minutes)

September 22, 2010:  8 flights of stairs (30 minutes)

I'm supposed to be working out with Aaron tomorrow since W will be gone and getting ready for his trip to France.  Let's see how that one goes!

Oh, as promised, here are the pictures of the Soft Rose Wave Socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment